Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mega Lopunny Team Report

Mega Lopunny Team


Presented by James Baek/Jamesspeed1



Introduction


So one day I decided that I would actually make a team that I would use for a couple of VGC episodes on my channel. A lot of people wanted to see me use an interesting mega especially a new mega from Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I decided to go with Mega Lopunny because at the time, Kangaskhan, Heatran, Landorus, Garchomp, Aegislash, Salamence, etc were all very common during the early stages on Battle Spot and Mega Lopunny could pick up ko's or at least do a lot of damage.

The Team


Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Protect

We have the mega right here. I got this Lopunny from a friend so I didn't have a choice on the ability but I probably would have gone with Limber to switch into Thunder Waves. The ev spread was pretty standard but I wouldn't know what to outspeed and Mega Lopunny doesn't have the best attack so I just went with a safe 252/252 spread. Jolly because Lopunny has a lot of speed when it mega evolves and I could outspeed almost everything on the field and do heavy damage. Fake Out is a great move to have because it allows the partner to set up or maybe get some damage off onto the opposing side. I chose High Jump Kick since it allowed me to knock out Kangaskhan 100% of the time but I quickly regretted using it as I missed so many High Jump Kicks that costed me the game. Also it is a risky move as if you predict the Protect wrong, you end up losing half of Lopunny's health which is not good. I would probably use Low Kick next time since I did have Helping Hand to help boost attacks if I wanted to get the knock outs. I chose Ice Punch as my third move because it allowed me to hit Dragons and Landorus very hard and since Mega Lopunny is able to outspeed about every dragon, it could pick up some fast ohkos. As for my last move, I just went with a safe Protect. Protect is always a safe move and there is nothing wrong by choosing it. I did debate about having a normal stab but really it doesn't hit hard as Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny usually does underwhelming damage unless it is supper effective.

Sylveon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Next Pokemon was Sylveon. I wanted to try out Sylveon out for a while and it does give me a decent switch in against Fighting attacks targeting Lopunny. The ev's allow Sylveon to take a Jolly mega Salamence's Double Edge 15/16% of the time. The speed ev's allow me to outspeed Garchomp and Pokemon who underspeed Garchomp like Kangaskhan and Charizard under Tailwind. The rest of the ev's were dumped into special attack in order for Sylveon to still be a offensive threat. I chose a support Sylveon since I do like the support moves Sylveon gets and a Sitrus Berry to increase it's bulk. For the Moveset, Hyper Voice is a must since it is Sylveon's Best stab move with Pixilate. Heal Bell was definitely interesting and I like the move. It allows protection for my Pokemon from Status such as burns and paralysis which is nice since Mega Lopunny hates about every status out there. Helping Hand was the next move as I am a huge fan of using Helping Hand as it allows me to get a lot of damage and pickup ohko's that some Pokemon might have been able to live. Protect was my last move even though I did consider Skill Swap, I was more of a fan of Protect.

Latias (F) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 20 Def / 84 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Icy Wind
- Heal Pulse
- Recover

Oh the Latias that had the wrong ev's in the first three videos of this team. I've been using this spread every since since it is very efficient. The Hp ev's is 1 less than a multiple of 16 which reduces sand and hail damage. 244 speed allows me to outspeed positive base 108's such as Terrakion and Infernape. Along with the Haban Berry, Latias can live any Dragon Type move. The rest were pretty much dumped into special attack. For the moves I chose Draco Meteor in order to pick up ko's on other Dragon Pokemon. Icy Wind allowed me some speed control which is really nice in the metagame. Heal Pulse and Recover are great moves since they allow my team to heal back health after taking damage and is nice in case I miss a High Jump kick with Lopunny.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
All right Bisharp is always a great Pokemon. A Defiant user really scares away Pokemon who have Intimidate and if they did bring it, I would punish them by having a plus 1 Bisharp. As for the ev's: don't ask me about them since even I don't know what they are as this was apparently the weird ev spread I had on mine but I would have used a 252/252 spread on Bisharp. I chose Lum Berry on my Bisharp because I don't like Focus Sash and I had my Life Orb taken by another member so I thought Lum Berry might help me against 1v1's against Rotom-Wash. For the moves, Knock Off is such a great stab move that allows me to gain information about what items my opponent has and allows me to think about their ev spreads as well. Sucker Punch is nice priority and Iron Head is a way to check fairies that oppose my Lopunny. Protect was my last move because it is a move most VGC Pokemon should have.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 28 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpA / 188 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Talonflame was a Pokemon that had a lot of potential with Mega Lopunny as it provided Tailwind support. The attack evs allow Talonflame to okho 4Hp Greninja 15/16% of the time with Brave Bird. 44 special attack allows an Overheat to knock out Mega Mawiles who don't invest much into special defense. 188 speed allows me to outspeed Jolly Garchomp. Brave Bird and Tailwind were obvious moves for Talonflame as it gains the priority from Gale Wings and Overheat allowed me to knock out Steel types and I don't have to worry about Intimidate and recoil. For the last move, I was wondering if I should have put Taunt or maybe Quick Guard since they both help support Lopunny but I wanted to make sure I could deal with Rain so I decided to have Protect to avoid being double targeted by a Ludicolo's Fake Out and Politoed's Scald combination.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Fake Out

So I ended up bringing the wrong Ludicolo to the team and used Sejun Park's Sitrus Berry set from the 2014 Korean Nationals. It ended up working alright for me even though I meant to bring a bulkier Ludicolo instead. The moveset was pretty standard for Assault Vest Ludicolo with Scald over Hydro Pump since I hate the accuracy and the rest of the moves are self explanatory with Giga Drain as a reliable Grass stab that recovers health, Ice Beam to hit Dragons and of course Landorus and Fake Out for support.

Videos of the team:









No comments:

Post a Comment